Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...



 How many of you know the struggles of getting a child into the bath? They fight you every step of the way and come up with all kinds of excuses to stall the much needed BATH. Then, just try to get them out…they do the same…”Just a minute, Mom”, “I’m still playing, Dad!”
      I’m like that with my exercise bike. I come up with a lot of reasons why “I don’t have time today” or “ I’m not feeling up to it.” Or more often… “I dun wanna!” Then, I finally get on or Rich pushes me until I do it just to shut him up… and I become just like one of those kids that don’t want to get out of the tub. The adrenaline starts pumping, and the endorphins start kicking in and all of a sudden I start enjoying it…even smiling. I put my headphones on and blast my most upbeat praise music and love every minute of it. Sooner than later I totally forget the promise of “Just 30 minutes and I can get off” often it has been 45 minutes before I even check the time.
      Unfortunately I am just like that with my Bible time…How about you? “Not enough time in the day”, “Let me get those dishes done first”, “I’ll do it after this TV show is over” “Gotta run to the store first, We are out of milk”…..sound familiar? Yet, God is faithful…when we buckle down, and put Him first, He gives us the strength, the endurance, the motivation, the desire, the joy, the pleasure, and the knowledge to live in His freedom. Often we sit to read those “10 minute devotions” and look at the clock an hour later realizing we lost track of the time. Why do we fight it so much? Why is it so difficult to get ourselves to sit down and spend time with the ONE that loves us best? Is it because we love the world we live in better? I’m not sure why, I just know I always feel better and more energized to face that world when I put the Lord’s word first.
By the way, this devotion came to me …while I was riding my exercise bike. Funny thing huh?

Rich configured this wooden contraption attached to the back wheel of a regular bicycle so I could use it for exercise. I married a smart man!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadgets By Spice Up Your Blog